Saw the RA doc today. She’s wicked pleased that the immune suppression drugs (Enbrel, Plaquenil & Prednisone) are helping with the RA and hopeful that maybe they’ll help with a future pregnancy, if we decide to go there again. She attended a lecture specifically for getting info for me, which made me feel all special. The hubs and the mom don’t like her because of Cancer Gate 2008, but I like her. She’s straightforward and sweet and involved with her patients. I though it was especially funny that she considered my 5 pound weight gain to be perfectly normal for the drugs I’ve taken and life events of the year. She just checked it right off, like no biggie. Of course, at my size 5 pounds could very easily be water, anyway. (But it isn’t… I am putting on weight which is bad and needs to STOP.) Also, I love that she was outraged that bariatric surgery was the “novel solution” for the womb of death!
So, she ordered a shit ton of blood work, including a re-check of the M-proteins. So here’s what we have coming to a lab near you (well, actually me):
- C-Reactive Protein (auto-immune std blood work)
- CBC with Diff (auto-immune std blood work)
- Comp Met. Panel (auto-immune std blood work)
- Sed Rate (auto-immune std blood work)
- Serum Immunofixation (MGUS semi-annual test)
- Serum Protein Electrophoresis (MGUS semi-annual test)
- Urine Protein Electrophoresis (MGUS semi-annual test)
- Urine Immunofixation (MGUS semi-annual test)
- Drug Monitoring / High risk meds (auto-immune std blood work if on biologics)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (no idea what this is for tee hee, I’m a smart ass!)
So, that’ll be fun in the morning. I better start drinking now, by my count that 8 vials of blood and a hefty bit of urine they’ll be wanting.
In other news, there is no other news…