The teeth are coming! The teeth are coming!
Why do teeth remind me of Paul Revere and the British? (I’m sorry sixth grader who found me by Googling “Paul Revere and the British” and received no help with their report…)
So far, like everything else with my miracle boy, the teeth aren’t causing too much of an issue. He’s a little fussier and wakes up a little more often at night, but mostly he’s just chewing like a puppy. And drooling. Gallons of drool. And blowing spit bubbles. I’ve nicknamed him Bubbles. Seriously, bibs are a major part of the wardrobe now, lest the baby freeze and get chest chaffing.
I’m a little surprised that he’s already teething. I didn’t get teeth until after I was a year old. I guess I kind of expected him to get teeth late, too. Because he’s still bald. Really bald. And aren’t babies supposed to get hair before teeth? Not that I’m in rush for him to get either, because so far as I’m concerned, he can stay a baby-baby just as long as he wants. We are not rushing things over here.
Other things going on at 4 months? (Well, 18w1d too be exact…)
– Supported sitting… check.
– Unsupported sitting… for like 10-30 seconds sometimes… check!
– Supported standing… way check.
– Laughing!… check. (Laughing!!!! I love his laugh!)
– Sleeping through the night… NO check. He has slept all the way through the night once or twice. But, it’s definitely not happening on the regular. He WAS down to just waking around 3am. So, he’d sleep from 9p to 3a (6 hours) then from 3:30a to 8a (4.5’ish hours), and I was pretty pleased with this schedule. To me, this was sleeping through the night. But… this is not happening anymore. He is back to waking around 1a and 5a again. I’m not sure if this is teeth or if he’s hungry. Either way, I’m giving him the boob to get him back to sleep. Be looking for posts about the cereal debate.
OK, that’s all I can think of. Later gators.