Graham will be 8 months old on Thursday. Eight. I am in awe of how fast his infancy is FLYING by. And, I’m here. All day everyday. I’m in the moment with him. I can’t even imagine how it must fly for mommies who go to work.
So, what’s going on in the world of G?
– We totally rock the independent sitting. He can sit for a LONG time without falling. Usually he reaches too far for something and ends up on his belly before actually falling.
– Toys are FUN. So fun. The only thing more fun than toys? Mommy’s glasses. And hair.
– Laughing, big ol’ belly laughs. Much cuter than the ones on Youtube. He thinks I am hilarious. And Lil C? He’s funnier than Katt Williams and Will Farrell put together.
– Getting dressed sucks, but he helps. I thought babies didn’t help until closer to a year, but Graham has figured out that it goes faster if he pushes his arm through the sleeve, and he does.
– Crawling? Not so much. By which I mean, not at all. The boy is entirely uninterested. He will roll or scooch to get around, but crawl? no thank you.
– Diapering/EC’ing? We’re still all cloth, when we’re in diapers. We were diaper free for a few days, but I didn’t like my sons package coming in contact with the carpet where the incontinent dog sleeps and my shoes that have outside walk etc… So, now we’re in a coverless prefold or training pants a lot. Except for like since Thursday, because I’m just not committed enough to carry a potty in my trunk and try to EC on the go, yet.
– To quote Big C “I love him so much it makes me almost cry.” (A seven year old boy said that… about a baby! He’s going to be a kick-ass papa one day.)