Right, so my embarrassingly messy house is really just part of my embarrassingly messy life. And, I is gonna unmess it! There are several categories that need unmessing:
- Housekeeping – Duh, keeping the house tidy
- Cooking – This isn’t really JUST cooking, it’s also food shopping and pantry organization
- Fitness – This is just moving my ass
- Personal Care – Broad category for everything from showering to Mommy time
- The Barbarian Horde – Fun stuff, learning stuff, fun learning stuff, any stuff related to the small people for whom I am responsible
I debated about adding the marriage stuff to this list, but methinks for now it shall remain separate. Hell, who knows, I Unmess the rest of this shit and that just might work itself out.
My goal is to have one or two daily things for each category to get the ball rolling. For instance, I will be making my bed in the morning and showering is going on the daily list. But, the main thing I want to accomplish is to get into the habit of creating work time and “break” time. So, I don’t feel guilty about taking time to write and play. I’m thinking mostly about while the toddlers are napping, because when they are up there’s no such thing as work or break time. It’s all about damage control…
Anyway, I intend to post more on this topic and hopefully it’ll get to the point where we can all play along together!